Tour Stop Seven: 362 Augusta Avenue
Shelley Kreimer, Jordan Seal, Adrian, and Lucas
Like many neighborhood homes, this Victorian bungalow has no official records of when it was built. There was a fire in the Fulton County courthouse in 1920, so though historians guess many of the homes in Grant Park were built closer to the turn of the century, 1920 is as far back as records go.
Evidence of the turn of the century is found in the home’s stained-glass windows, original fireplaces, and built-in shelves.
Previous homeowners preserved and passed down an original clawfoot tub, now painted yellow to match the monkey-accented wallpaper the couple installed in the kid’s bathroom off the kitchen, which was completely renovated along with the main bathroom.
The couple took down the wall between the kitchen and dining area to create an open floor plan, allowing for conversation while cooking.
Other renovations include wood tile that replaced the carpet in the back rooms, an expansion of the mud room, and a wall mount for the couples’ standing desks.
Jordan especially loves the coffee bar they installed and has become quite the barista, and they both love the backyard views as they work in their home office. They were drawn to Grant Park for the park and the Sunday farmers market.