St. Paul United Methodist Church (UMC)
501 Grant Street SE
Each year, the Grant Park Candlelight Tour of Homes begins at St. Paul United Methodist Church, a cornerstone of the Grant Park community since 1906.
Once housing the largest Methodist Episcopal South congregation with over 2,300 members, the 117-year-old building was designed in the Neo-Romanesque style and constructed of local granite.
Interior details include cove ceilings, decorative columns and capitals, paneled woodwork, original heart pine floors, clerestory windows, and abundant stained glass. The large pipe organ, still in use today, was acquired from the 1887 Piedmont Exposition when the church - formed in 1870 - met in a previous building on Hunter Street.
The early 1990s brought about very welcome renovations in the almost century-old building. The beautiful "Resurrection" stained glass window was restored in 2004.
St. Paul UMC strives to love, serve, grow, and worship Christ in an inclusive faith community. From outreach projects to seeking justice and reconciliation; from growing in our faith to making sure we are a welcoming and loving place for all; from marching in the Atlanta Pride Parade to pouring love into our children and youth; from helping neighbors with housing repairs to hosting the St. Paul Basketball league, St. Paul UMC continues to minister in a myriad of ways to a diverse and ever-changing community and looks forward to the next century as a neighborhood resource and refuge.
St. Paul UMC has weekly worship services on Sundays at 11:00 am in person and streamed live on our Facebook page, @stpaulgrantpark. For more information about St. Paul UMC and its ministries, visit www.stpaulgrantpark.org.